Children Come First Conference
November 6-7th, 2023
Kalahari Resort • Wisconsin Dells, WI
Join us at the Kalahari Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells on November 6-7 for the highly anticipated 2023 Children Come First Conference, hosted by Wisconsin Family Ties. As one of the largest and longest-running family-driven events in the state, this conference is dedicated to addressing the pressing needs of children and families living with mental and behavioral health issues.
The Children Come First Conference brings together a diverse audience, including parents, caregivers, social workers, educators, school support staff, and various professional service providers from counties and communities. The CCF Conference informs participants and engages them in meaningful discussions, equipping them with valuable insights and resources.
We are honored to present two exceptional keynote speakers this year. Angeline Boulley, a member of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians, is a renowned storyteller who writes about her Ojibwe community in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Her debut novel, “Firekeeper’s Daughter,” received critical acclaim, becoming an instant #1 New York Times Bestseller and earning prestigious awards such as the Walter Dean Myers Award for Outstanding Children’s Literature and the Printz Award.
We are also thrilled to have Patricia Miles as a keynote speaker. Pat has an extensive background in community development and human services, including starting a battered women’s shelter, running a youth employment program, and directing a residential treatment center. She is a leader in developing strength-based, needs-driven facilitation models for child and family teams and is a leading expert in the field of wraparound services.
The 2023 Children Come First Conference aims to challenge the status quo and create a more inclusive and supportive environment for kids and families facing mental and behavioral health challenges. We recognize that existing systems and programs can inadvertently reinforce feelings of misunderstanding and unwelcomeness, hindering progress and perpetuating stigma. Together, we can do better.
Full Conference Workshop Descriptions Coming Soon!
Angeline Boulley • 2023 Keynote Speaker
HONORS, AWARDS & RECOGNITION
A PRINTZ MEDAL WINNER
A MORRIS AWARD WINNER
AN AMERICAN INDIAN YOUTH LITERATURE AWARD YA HONOR BOOK!
A REESE WITHERSPOON x HELLO SUNSHINE BOOK CLUB YA PICK
An Instant #1 New York Times Bestseller
Soon to be adapted at Netflix for TV with President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama’s production company, Higher Ground.
Visit Angeline’s Website: https://authorsunbound.com/angeline-boulley/
If you were to tell others about your thoughts on the Children Come First Conference, you would say, ‘The Children Come First Conference…’:
- Is a great time to rejuvenate your motivation to continue doing what you do to help others.
- Is a must for all that have contact with children. It is life changing to experience this conference. So many times we as adults and care takers get stuck in thinking. We owe it to our future to learn how to work with , and even communicate together. Experiences shared are with love and great detail. It helps learn the lived experience in different situations. This is my second year attending and I will attend every year.
- Is an enlightening conference that gives you new perspectives on forming and continuing relationships with children and adults. You are taught not to adhere to old paradigms, but rather embrace new ideas that may become the new paradigms of the future.
- Is very well organized and has great information, presenters, and even good food and great conference centers. All around A plus conference.
- Great Presenter. He made me cry – empathy for his trauma. He inspired me to be a better Resiliency Factor for children. Thank you Hector. We have your back too!